Week 50

 Day 345



It is very possible I am behind the times or late to the game as is often the case. My phone has always had one very carefully chosen picture as my screensaver. I was playing around one night and noticed that you can set your screensaver to change to pictures of your choosing or by a theme. I chose the theme of nature and my phone recognizes which photos depict nature in my camera roll.

This simple feature has brought a great deal of joy and reflection. Each time I pick up my phone a new photo represents a moment in time when I was enjoying nature (sometimes with or without people). With each glance at the screen, a memory fires in my brain that spark feelings of serenity, peace, and pure elation of another time and place. 

Truth be told, I very rarely go back through my photos (a negative consequence of digital photos - we take many and often don't print them). Since adding this to my screensaver, I have found that I glance at my phone when I am feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, or downright stressed out hoping to view a new photo. This newfound feature delivers memories that prompt me to reflect on the positive experiences in my life. 

As I reflect on each unique photo, I often think of the happiness and relaxation I felt at that moment or the lovely people that were there with me. 

So, for me, the life lesson is..... one cannot be frustrated or overwhelmed when they are celebrating all of the goodness one simple photo can deliver.

FYI: You can type in your own theme. So, if your pets bring you great joy, type in dog or cat and it will recognize all of those photos. Maybe it is your children or spouse that you want to appear frequently - whatever brings you joy, peace, or tranquility. 

Day 346







Day 347




Well as you all know - our lovely state was inundated with blizzard-like conditions for the week. 

Day 1 of no school!

Day 348



Start the day with a cup of coffee in a mug (I usually only drink my coffee from a travel mug). Gosh, I could get used to this drinking coffee and reading books all morning.


Well the state of ND is not conducive for anyone right now. Mother Nature if forcing us all to slow down during the most chaotic time of the year.

Day 349





Today is a day for baking goodies and experiencing the wonder of how wind and snow can actually create gorgeous landscapes. I know it is easy for me to relish in the beauty because I do not have to move it (stuck in my apartment in Jamestown).

Day 350




It almost seems that this will never end. In all of my years in education, we have never had four days of no school. Although having the extra days off was productive, I was beginning to crawl out of my skin. I couldn't wait to get out of my small space and be around people. Off to Walmart I will go.

I usually plan my Walmart trips with intention while mapping out the quickest way to get in, get my items, and get out just as fast. I found myself wandering aisles just browsing because I was desperate to be around others - of course, this led to finding and purchasing items that I must have and definitely don't need. I guess it was a good thing it was Walmart and not Scheels or the damage could have been so much worse.

These snow days also served as a reminder that I am not ready for retirement. 

Day 351



Finished this book during these days off. As much as I like to read, I can only sit for so long before needing to get up and move, so it took me longer than expected. I do better reading after work when my feet are tired of moving and my brain is tired of thinking - then I can sit for hours. This is a feel-good Hallmark movie in a book!

...............................................................................................................

This will be my final post of the year as I want to enjoy my family during the holidays and take in my surroundings with joy and be fully present.

HERE IS A CLUE TO THE GREAT JUNG (Abfalter, Leiss, Enderle) ADVENTURE OF 2022!

W - WINTER

P - PICTURESQUE

V - VACATION

B - BLAST


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year!
See you in 2023! 

Comments

Popular Posts