Week 10

Day 66




I saw this post and it brought back so many fun memories of watching "Three's Company." I truly think growing up in the 80s was a gift (especially the music). Although I didn't know any different, I think we lived simplistic lives with parents who were ok with not seeing or hearing from us ALL day.  I sometimes wished we could return to the days of no cell phones, only a handful of tv channels, riding bike around town for hours and hours, and the handwritten notes we had our friends give to a boy we liked. 

Do you like me?????? Check the box.

Day 67


I love it when I see old photos and all of the memories come flooding back. When Aiden was a senior and he was in quarantine, they had to cancel the prom. Several couples decided to get together (and all were Covid free) and have their own little prom. It was such a sweet little gathering and Taylor Dawn Photography came out to take pictures of the kids. The picture in the middle is of Aiden and Macy and is still one of my favorite photos of the two of them. She captured the joy of the kids despite losing so many fun experiences during the spring of their senior year. 



Here is a link to her webpage: https://www.taylardawnphotography.com/


Day 68



Key West is known for its beautiful sunsets on display each evening. The number of people that lined the boardwalks and piers and took sunset cruises just to watch this very familiar and repeated event resonated with me. The sun rises and sets every single day and yet it was fascinating to every person, young and old. I think taking the time to watch the sunset forces us to slow down and just be in the moment with an unaltered agenda. Just to exist in the space and feel the familiarity and beauty of what we have always known. This common feeling is clearly what many were looking for when they made a conscious effort to take in the magnificent site.




Day 69

There are roosters and hens (and their babies) everywhere in Key West. Restaurants, streets, green space, concrete, stores - you name it and there was likely one there.

What I found interesting is how so many people stopped to take a photo of the roosters, hens, and chicks. They were fascinated with them. Something that seems so ordinary to me was quite intriguing to another. Seeing chickens in the Midwest is not uncommon but this might be the first sighting of a rooster, hen, or baby chicks for someone who has only lived in a large city.

As I really thought about the people admiring the roosters, in particular, I stopped and took a good look at one and they really are intricately decorated with bold coloring. I found myself a new appreciation for the rooster even with its disturbing morning call (which is called crowing..... I learned something new).



Day 70


As we drove up the coast, we stopped for lunch and Greg decided to try the special of the day: Yellow-tailed Snapper with a greek salad in the middle. Neither of us expected the entire fish to be plated and although it was quite interesting to look at, it was delicious. 




Somehow they bone the fish, lightly bread it, and split it down the middle to make space for the salad. Very cool presentation.

Day 71




I took screenshots of the weather back home in Jamestown and in Hollywood, FL. 
The 'feels like' differential is 114 degrees. It fascinates me that within the continental US we can have such contrasting temperatures and climates. For the short time I am given, I will enjoy the warmth.

Day 72




Life is complicated and messy and many of us feel we are on a rollercoaster of a ride most days. The good and predictable component of life is that after a tough patch, we often recover and rebound with something good.

One constant in our world is CHANGE.

If there is one way to ruin your hour, day, or week, it is to become stagnant with your mindset and think all is disastrous and neverending. Life is complicated and messy but showing perseverance to stick out the tough times will bring value to your life.



Comments

Popular Posts