Week #22

#147


Memorial Day = a day off to do whatever we please.  Greg spent the day at Target field watching his beloved Brewers beat the Twins, so Aiden and I decided to practice our rock climbing skills back at home.  This is a great activity when the weather outside is less than ideal.   Our community is so fortunate to have such an amazing facility that is well-utilized.


#148

I was blessed by a co-worker (Lindsey Gullickson) with this treat on my desk.  It is soooooo heartwarming to walk into my office and see that someone had thought of me.  I work with some of the most fantastic people who dedicate their time and energy to our school and students.  


#149


Oh how I love when I can plant flowers and fill my pots.  Even though every year I say that I am going to change them up, I always revert back to the hardy petunia.  I find that is about the only flower I can keep growing for more than a month.  I have two tall pots by the garage and I admire them each time I pull into the driveway.  Just adding a bit of color makes such a difference and I often wish I could have them year round.  However, I think I would lose my appreciation for them if they existed 365 days a year and candidly, I would get tired of dead-heading the flowers for 12 straight months.  As with anything in life, all good things come to an end and I am just so grateful I am at the beginning of this season of growth.


 #150


On Mother's Day, Aiden surprised me with a kayak in my favorite color.  I look forward to several hours just relaxing on the water.  


#151


Opening night of the Medora Musical.  This is our happy place.  For several years now, we have purchased season passes so we can attend as often as we like throughout the summer months.  Last year Greg made it 10 times and I attended 11 times.  People often ask us if we get tired of the same show every time we go, but we never seem to get bored with it.  The more we see it, the more we enjoy it.





#152


Our wonderful friends, John and Dana Wilson, have a place at Lake Tschida and they invited us out for a day of relaxation and good company.  We had such a lovely time and hope to have many more in the years to come. Although John tells me that he will have to throw away his grill since I asked him to grill a turkey burger (I'm pretty sure this is the first and last time a turkey burger will be cooked on Mr. Wilson's grill).  I know they have always dreamed of having a place at the lake and it makes me so happy their dream became reality. 


#153



Praise the Lord............. GREG IS BACK ON COOKING DUTY!  

Our deal has always been that when Greg is in coaching season -  I cook, and when he is not in season -  he cooks.  I look forward to these non-sports seasons where I can rely on him to cook good meals.  I would totally eat cereal or waffles every night if I did not have to cook for the family.  Greg made burrito bowls (thanks to my brother Mike who made this for him when he was in the cities last week).  They tasted just like Qdoba's naked burrito bowls........ so delicious.  The pork shoulder was made in the Instant Pot and it only took 90 minutes and it literally fell apart when we took it out. 

The "special secret sauce" is what makes it one fantastic meal!




Comments

Popular Posts