Week #13



Image result for inspirational quotes#84


I can't ...... I can't ....... I can't..........
These are the words I often hear at school when students become frustrated with a task that they do not want to put forth the effort to accomplish. It is hard, it takes brain power, it takes time, and it takes risk.  I have even caught myself saying 'I can't,' however, I usually only say this when I fear that I will fail the task.  The fear of failure often overshadows what I would learn if I were willing to attempt and fail.  Each of us unique beings are gifted with personal attributes that make us capable of accomplishing anything we can imagine.
.........................................................................................................................................
DO NOT BE AFRAID TO FAIL: FAILURE FOSTERS GROWTH
.........................................................................................................................................


#85

                  

This picture was a tough one to capture!  

If you squint your eyes and look really close, you will see...................... absolutely nothing.

  Those of us who have tendencies to be anxious or overthink life events or situations, this photo of absolutely nothing means so much.  It is challenging to stop obsessing over meaningless moments or over analyzing specific words that I have spoken, but time of pure silence, calm, and stillness should be practiced.  Self-care in my world can sometimes look just like this............... doing nothing and thinking about absolutely nothing.


#86

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Brandi Kovash (my fabulous hair stylist of 10+ years) and her friend Amy Lantz opened the cutest little hair salon, Plaza Studio. Brandi was one of the few hair stylists that was ever able to figure out my unruly, course hair within one appointment, so I figured I should stick with her or rather hopeful she would stick with me.  Brandi is always up for trying something new or talking me off the ledge when I have a weak moment and want to cut it all off because I am in a mood.  We have fantastic conversations every six weeks and I am just soooo happy she has a great new place to call her own.  Well done ladies!!!!  I have no doubt that this will be a huge success for you both!



#87

         
   
Some of the best scones you will ever eat!  Last year, I started making scones for Aiden every cross country and track meet.  We tried switching it up and making croissants this fall, but it was not the same.  Those of you who are a fan of scones, this is a must try recipe.  I have included the recipe (which is a combination of several other recipes put together) that everyone seems to love.

WARNING:  So YUMMY, but definitely not a health food. 

 I named them Jenny's Scones because when I make them my kids always say, 'thanks Jenny!' even though they know I despise being called Jenny.


Jenny's Scones 

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter (cut into several small pieces)
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Raw sugar

Instructions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix all dry ingredients together and then cut in the butter.  Add the cream and extract.  The dough will be crumbly.  If you prefer your scones to be more soft and moist, you may need to add more cream.  If you like a dry crumbly scone, do not add any additional liquid.
Divide the dough in half and create two, 8-inch circles approximately 3/4 inch thick.  Cut the circles like a pie and create 8 individual triangular pieces per circle and sprinkle raw sugar on the top before baking.
Bake for 15-20 minutes and drizzle glaze on top after the scones have cooled.


Almond Glaze

powdered sugar
milk or cream
almond extract

(Sorry, I have no idea on the amounts - I just start mixing a very small amount of liquid into the powdered sugar until the consistency is like pudding).


#88
   

Second track meet of the year.  I just love watching this kid and his teammates run, although my blood pressure is much too high during his events. I will admit I prefer to watch cross country over track because I can run after him and get rid of my nervous energy, whereas with track, I can only pace the bleachers.  I look forward to a promising season ahead for this young man.  Hopefully, he will qualify for the state track meet at the end of May.  
         

#89








Well, nugget is finally old enough to attend prom.  The days have passed by so quickly and this once energetic toddler and adolescent has evolved into such a wonderful human being.  His lovely date, Macy, looked stunning and gorgeous.  The two have been friends since their elementary days at Jefferson.  It has been such a blessing watching them grow up and I look forward to what the future holds for them both.



#90

The invention of FaceTime is pretty fantastic.  I love that we can see each other while we talk (and she can see our dinner cooking, her dad sleeping, and brother chilling).  I am so grateful for the technology that allows us to do this when it has been several months since we have seen her.  We also get to see her new furniture and Jack's new camera gadgets that Aiden was drooling over.  
Soon, Miss Ireland, we will see you in person! 
 Love you! 


 (Little did you know when I snapped that pic during our conversation, that you were going to make my Sunday pic).




Comments

Popular Posts