Week #10

#63


I am soooooo over winter and driving in questionable conditions; however, this last rough stretch is  nothing compared to the destruction caused by the tornadoes in Alabama, which has taken lives and demolished homes.  We often only concern ourselves with what surrounds us and forget that there are entire communities across the nation and world who are enduring so much worse.  


#64


Ireland gave this fabulous lotion to Greg for Christmas and I have secretly been using it each and every day. If you want to splurge and treat yourself to something special, I would highly recommend this exceptional product.


#65


Comfort zones can make us feel secure, however, our security should directly come from our faith in God's plan for us.  Even though I have a hard time leaving my 'safe zone' at times, I realize growth can occur for myself, as well as those I serve, if I place my trust in Him.


#66


I am sure you have already noticed that I love nature and all of its beauty.  This was an early morning photo where the snowfall looked like glitter.  The sky, ground, and everything in between sparkled.  These are the days I wished I could skip work and spend the day outdoors capturing the spectacular artistry.



 #67

My trusty running shoes.  As you can tell from the sole of my shoe, they probably need to be replaced as they are almost nearing their life expectancy.  According to Runner's World magazine, a good pair of running shoes should last approximately 300-500 miles. I can assure you that these shoes have NOT put in that many running miles, but a combination of running, walking, hiking, biking, zumba, and cross training. I do become attached to my athletic shoes as they are a reminder of what I have been able to achieve.  The sand that still lingers on the bottom is from my time in San Diego where I accomplished a task I thought was unattainable. 


#68


A Saturday night in March = basketball tournaments on TV.  Every year, we have three solid weeks of basketball.  It starts with Class B girls, then Class A boys and girls, and then finally Class B boys.  If we are unable to attend the games, we stay home and watch them all.  It does not matter if we know the teams or know any of the players, we just love to watch. 


#69


 I would like to introduce you to one of life's greatest foods - the CHEESE BUTTON!  Or in my case, CHEESE BUTTONS.  There is no stopping at one, or even the six that are on my plate, as I calculate my consumption based on how many plates I finish. My mom used to make these during Lent since they are filled with dry curd cottage cheese and were an alternative food choice since we could not eat meat on Fridays. 

My family (minus Landen) absolutely loves cheese button season (which usually only happens once a year since they are so much work). Aiden shared with me today that he hopes his wife knows how to make cheese buttons. I laughed and said good thing YOU have a little bit of time to learn before YOU leave.

Comments

Popular Posts