Week #7



#42

I had the pleasure of listening to these lovely young adults from Legacy High School during my counseling conference on Monday.  I was very impressed with their talent and confidence when performing in front of a group of professionals.  Way to go Legacy Gold Standard Vocal Ensemble!  I have included a video from YouTube of a different, but similar program if you want to take a listen.




#43
Image result for nibs
Without a doubt the best candy on the planet.  I remember my mom would let each of us pick out a treat from the grocery store each week and my choice was always Nibs (see above). If I recall correctly, Heather's pick was a Twix and the boys all chose a Charleston Chew bar since they were the biggest.  
Well, the Twizzler company has created an even a better version of the small Nibs.  Unfortunately, this treasure is a hot commodity at Wal-Mart because they are often absent from the shelf.  I love when I hit the jackpot and can find these 'super long nibs'.  There are two people who share in the love of this delightful confectionery - so this day #43 post goes out to Angie Shilman and Jim Dahl!




#44


Oh.... this necklace has been one of the best gifts I have ever received.  A sweet friend, Julie Lerbakken, sent this to me when she knew I had gone through a tough life situation.  I'm not sure she truly knew how much this meant to me and still does.  It is a daily reminder that my faith is what has helped me overcome challenges that I have experienced and those remaining to surface.  Julie's lovely gift and friendship is a true testimony that God's timing is so perfect.



#45


I know we are weird, but we name our vehicles.  

We lost 'Randy' when he burned up in a fire, we sold 'June' when Greg wanted to get rid of the van, and Aiden's car is named 'Candy'.   This naming of our vehicles began with our trusty Camry, named 'Sandra' or 'Sandy' for short.  She unfortunately had a bad battery and didn't start one morning (OK.... maybe I left the door open).  

Blessing #1: Greg so sweetly bought a new battery and replaced it.
Blessing #2:  The check engine light that was illuminated for several years is no longer visible - yahoo!


#46


Cold days call for a coffee so warm you need to use a coffee cup sleeve.  Thank you Kim Dressler for the thoughtful gift as you know just what I love.....coffee!


#47


Kombucha fans - this is a great one!  I really want to try and brew my own kombucha and be super hipster, but it is so much easier to buy.  Kombucha has several health benefits as noted in the graphic below- if you have never tried it - I would recommend you give it a go!

 Image result for kombucha health benefits


#48


Southwest ND was under a winter storm warning with predicted snowfall amounts from 6-12 inches through Sunday.  I needed to get to Bismarck so I could catch an early morning flight. I am so thankful the weatherman's reports were not as accurate as expected and that the roads were relatively free of snow!  Sandra helped me arrive safely!

Comments

Popular Posts